We promote this within our school by:
- Providing pupils with a basic knowledge of the way can influence decision making through the democratic process
- Encouraging pupils to become involved in decision making, ensuring every child has a voice
- Holding elections for the Pupil Council representatives and House Captains to give pupils practical experience of the democratic process
- Providing opportunities for pupils to express their views and contribute through Pupil Voice.
- Modelling how a perceived injustice can be challenged giving pupils the tools for peaceful resolution
- Holding weekly circle time or PSHE lessons
- Studying the roots of democracy through history topics such as Vikings, Saxons or Ancient Greeks